Wednesday, February 20, 2008

PSB2

Amwell Township resident Patti Spadaro played her second show with a four-piece band the weekend before last at Scooby's in South Fayette Township. I wanted to come up with some better audio quality than at the Patti Spadaro Band's debut in January, when a patch from the soundboard didn't quite do the trick. So this time, I used a pair of ambient microphones, an approach that I'm finding to work fairly well as I record more musicians.


The audio, indeed, turned out much better. Unfortunately, I did nothing with the camera to compensate for the lack of bright lighting at the Scooby's gig, so I brightened the footage during the editing process. As a result, the finished product is kind of grainy.

Oh, well. You still can see clearly how well Patti plays guitar, and that's what counts.

Here is Patti's original composition "Give a Little Back," the opening track of her CD "Short Stay."

And check out the band on another of her originals, "Let's Roll".

No comments: