Thursday, February 21, 2008

It's all good


Sometimes I think I'm getting too old for weekend-length music festivals.

Then I take a look at some of the folks who are playing at those types of festivals.

For example, one of the headlining acts for the All Good Music Festival and Camp Out, scheduled July 11-13, is Phil Lesh & Friends. By then, Phil will be 68 years old.

So I guess I can't complain.

At any rate, I've seen many of the scheduled artists perform, or I'm at least familiar with their music. Of particular interest in Gov't Mule, featuring Warren Haynes, possibly the best rock guitarist out there plying his trade today. He's played substantially with Phil in the past (as well as being a regular member with the Allman Brothers), and can lay claim to being the hardest-working man in show business, now that James Brown no longer is with us.

Speaking of the Allmans, another current member of that great American band, Derek Trucks, will be performing with his wife, Susan Tedeschi, in their Soul Stew Revival. He plays a mean guitar, and she belts out the blues (and plays a mean guitar, too), so that should be a heck of a show.

And Widespread Panic, which has been around for about 25 years now, certainly is worth the price of admission.

Anyway, the festival is in Masontown, W.Va. Whether I really am too old to attend remains to be seen ...

No comments: