Monday, January 28, 2008

Putting some teeth into it

The video camera's tape had just about run out, and after the band One Gig at a Time performed a stellar version of Jimi Hendrix's Little Wing, I figured it was time to put my equipment away.

I'd gathered everything together and was talking with some people when I noticed the decibel level had increased significantly. Up on the stage, One Gig's Steve "pUNK" Cunningham was adding to the band's volume by taking a chainsaw to an old wooden nightstand.


I guess that's somewhere in between Pete Townshend smashing his guitar, Hendrix torching his and Wendy O. Williams sawing through a Cadillac. Whatever the case, I quickly grabbed the camera back out of its case in time to capture a few minutes of the epic display.

The result, with just a bit of tweaking with the sound, is on display at right in our YouTube player.

In the meantime, I'll work on editing some One Gig at a Time footage from earlier in the set. The band's music was even more impressive than pUNK's performance art!

No comments: