Tuesday, July 1, 2008

More on O-R Flix

I've been noticing a lot of you taking advantage of the O-R Flix system we've set up. I think this is a great system that allows you to not only share you photos (and videos too!), but also to rate and comment on each others' submissions. I've noticed one thing that our uses can do to help get submitted content online faster.

When you submit your content, it has to go through a quick check before it goes live. That's just in case someone decides to submit something...questionable. However, we also have to check each submission and make sure it has a title and description. I can come up with titles of some submissions myself, but sometimes I won't be able to. This is mostly when I have a picture of a person that I don't know.

If you want to see your content appear on our site in a timely matter, it may be helpful for your to add your own titles and descriptions. If you don't know how to do this, its fairly simple; while logged in to O-R Flix, click "My Gallery." You will see all of your submissions. Under each submission is a small link that says "edit." Click that and then fill out as much of the information as you can, although all we really need from you is title and description.

By doing this, you'll help us get your material up sooner. Thanks, and keep using O-R Flix! We'll be looking forward to your 4th of July submissions! Don't be afraid to try video uploads too.

No comments: