Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday, Monday

Monday mornings stink. You know the feeling. Aching muscles and joints from yard work all weekend. The prospect of another long haul at the office. Trying to get the kids out of bed to get 'em to school. Lousy performances in fantasy baseball. Etc., etc., etc., etc.

So I check my e-mails this morning, and there's one – among the tons of junk I have to wade through each day – labeled with a "". For some reason, I decided to open it. Wrong move.

A gentleman – let's call him Methuselah – provided some feedback with regard the video we shot last week to go along with the latest in our "What's Up With That?" series. (We're up to 11 episodes already!) The subject was the proliferation of footwear being tossed over wires, a phenomenon known as "shoefiti." I figured I'd give it a try and see if I could land my golf shoes.

Could I do it? Check out the video!

Anyhoo, here's what Methuselah typed:

Just one thought.......

You really gotta be hoping that when something bad happens (power outage, telephone or cable disruption.......injury..... worse...)

That nobody remembers this "instructional" video.

Oh I know..... It's gonna happen anyway. There will be no shortage of footwear on the the lines.

Just trying to sell soap, entertain.

Like I said,

Just a thought.


You're absolutely right, Meth. People are going to do it, anyway. And we are trying to entertain. Most folks enjoy being entertained. Please give it a try sometime.

I'm glad you put "instructional" in quotes. According to my kids, my technique wasn't any good, so no one should learn anything from what I was doing.

And by the way, we shot the video on the privacy of our company's own property. No public utility lines were involved.

But during my improvised dialog, I should've uttered this:

KIDS, DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. OR UP ABOVE YOUR STREET.

There ya go, Meth. Happy Monday.



We do enjoy receiving feedback, though, especially when it looks like this:

Dear Mr. Funk,

I think that you did a bang-up job producing the video about Mr. Davis’ production of the Music Experience at Trinity Middle School last week. It was a blast seeing the interior of the school again (I am a ’76 grad of TMS), and a current teacher and musician. Thanks for showing that there are good things happening in education.

Linda Sherwood


Unfortunately, my reply of thanks to Linda bounced right back to me for some reason. Probably our sometimes-cheesy e-mail system.

But if you're checking in, Linda, you succeeded in brightening my Monday!

No comments: