Friday, April 25, 2008

Lists

OK, I'll admit that I ripped one of these ideas off Peter Gammons, the baseball expert who also knows quite a bit about music. He appears by telephone each Friday morning on ESPN's "Mike and Mike Show," and after his baseball commentary he provides a suggestion for a song to download. This morning, it was a selection by a '60s-era musician named Tom Rush, whom he attributed as teaching James Taylor how to play guitar.

If you look to the right of the blog posts, you'll see an assortment of flotsam and jetsam related to music, videos or a combination of the two. Among those is a list called "In the CD Player," where I've been jotting down stuff that ... well, you can guess.

After listening to Gammons and Mike and Mike, I'm going to add another list: zunetunes, or what pops up on my Zune player. There are 3,000-plus songs in there now, and I keep adding whenever a have a little bit of free time.

I try to be somewhat eclectic in my musical tastes, but don't expect to see certain genres included. And if you notice a heavy lean toward songs from approximately 1965-75 ... hey, I still enjoy the stuff I listened to when I was a kid.

More than likely, you'll never have heard of much of the stuff I list. So if you want to know more, that's what the "Comments" function is for! Just ask, and I'll be glad to clue you in on what it is and why I like it.

So if you're looking for some ideas, listen to what Peter Gammons has to say. Or check out this blog and take a look to your right.

No comments: